Volunteers play a vital role in the services The Salvation Army provides to our community.
Volunteer opportunities include:
Thrift Stores (see Thrift Store Volunteer Position Descriptions)
- Sorting clothes
- Cleaning and repairing small appliances
- Stocking displays
Upcycling Volunteers Needed
- Looking for folks who love to upcycle furniture or love crafts.
- Willing to be creative, use your imagination and get your hands dirty.
- Come be part of our new upcycling adventure.
- Preparing food
- Serving food
- Washing dishes
- Making food hampers
- Repackaging bulk food into family portions
- Offering professional services as part of the giving back program
- Staffing a Christmas Kettle
- Running a local food drive
- Assisting with the annual golf Tournament
Interested in volunteering? Please contact Kim Maandag, Employee Relations Advisor and Volunteer Coordinator at 250-824-0191 or complete a volunteer registration form and forward it to hr @ sananaimo.org
All volunteers are carefully screened and trained. To volunteer you will be required to:
- Complete a Volunteer Registration Form
- Attend an interview with department supervisor
- Complete a RCMP Criminal Record Check
- Receive Training